Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Final Preparations

We are now one hour and 20 minutes away from meeting Meili. In many ways we feel prepared for this experience but in other respects I feel like we're brand new parents. The diaper bag is packed. Notice the polar fleece. It's about 90 degrees here and very humid, but the Chinese like to dress children with lots of layers. If her arms or legs are uncovered, we may get a lot of stares and comments, not that we wouldn't anyway. I think we want to try and make today as calm as possible, especially for Meili.
I was looking for a Bible verse that seemed appropriate for this experience, and my mind went to Jeremiah 29:11-13. "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart."
We are so humbled and honored to be have the opportunity to provide this little girl with a future and a hope, especially a hope for eternal life.
Thank you to all of you who are praying for us. It is a priceless gift.
Laura

2 comments:

  1. I AM SOOO EXCITED FOR YOU GUYS! I PRAY THAT GOD WILL GIVE YOU AND MEILI A VERY SPECIAL LOVE AND PEACE AS YOU MEET SO THAT SHE WILL FEEL AND KNOW THAT THIS IS HER NEW, SPECIAL FAMILY. I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THE NEXT PHOTOS OF YOU WITH YOUR NEW DAUGHTER :)

    LARANAH

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!!! I can't wait to see the pictures. We love you!!!

    Joy

    ReplyDelete