Saturday, September 18, 2010

A day to bond and play 9-18-2010

Today was a day without an agenda except to spend quality time together. It was also a day that Meili began to come out of her shell. I've had several moms who have adopted infants or toddlers tell me that it is very common for the girls to be very listless the first few days. It's as though they are in shock. Up until this evening, Meili has been more like a baby. She wasn't sitting on her own or standing, and I don't think she had ever had solid food. At breakfast, we tried feeding her yogurt again, and she loved that as well as the mashed banana. I think she's beginning to discover what she's missed out on. Scott was also able to get her to actually stand on her legs. The orphanage worker said she began walking at 14 months, and she gave us a picture of Meili standing and smiling. So, we know it's in there waiting to come out. I'm sure tomorrow will bring more surprises.
Can't say I hate the attention...

Leanne, JingJing, Meredith, & Danni on the bumper cars. JingJing was adopted by a family six years ago. They are back for a 12 year old girl.

Laura and JingJing



View from inside the park

Meili stands up for the first time (for us)

Getting ready for bed
Align Center

1 comment:

  1. I am so thankful we are on this trip with your family! I only wish we lived closer, so when we get back to the States the girls could see each other. You all have been a tremendous blessing from God for us. May He continue to richly bless you and Meili. She is one blessed little girl!
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete